Maryland DUI, Criminal & Juvenile Attorney Richard S. Lurye

Welcome to My Law Office

Hello. I’m Rick Lurye. I’ve been a criminal lawyer for forty years. My office is in Montgomery County, Maryland. I understand that either you are in trouble or someone you care about is in trouble. So, before I tell you more about myself, let’s get you the information you need immediately to protect yourself, your job and your family.

What You Need to Know NOW about Drunk Driving, Criminal and Juvenile Charges in Maryland

DRUNK DRIVING CHARGE: When you were stopped the police may have taken your license and given you a temporary license to drive. Attached to that temporary license is a form which looks like a duplicate temporary license — but  it is not. Turn the “duplicate” over and you will see that it is a form which you must complete and submit in order to request an administrative hearing. You must mail or deliver that form to the Office of Administrative Hearings, 11101 Gilroy Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21031-1301. You must send in the form within 10 days after your arrest or your driving privileges will be suspended without a hearing. You must also enclose a check or money order for $150.00, made out to the Maryland State Treasurer, as your filing fee. Failure to enclose the check or money order invalidates your request. Do not send cash. I suggest that you send the form and filing fee via registered or certified mail. Click here to review entire drunk driving charge information page.

CRIMINAL CHARGE: You must resist every temptation to talk to the police, prosecutor and victim. Once you have been arrested these people have taken the position that you must be prosecuted. In fact, once you have been arrested, with very few exceptions, your case cannot be dismissed unless you go to court. Further, the participants in your arrest (the police, prosecutor and victim) will use anything you say to your disadvantage. In other words, even your most conciliatory statements or offers to pay damages will be considered admissions of guilt. Click here to review entire criminal charge information page.

JUVENILE CHARGE: Contrary to what you may have heard from other sources, detention is a real possibility for juvenile offenses. The most serious mistake you can make, if you are a juvenile, is that the Court will let you off the hook just because you have had no previous problems with the law. If you are a parent, the most serious mistake you can make is that the Court will share your belief that your child just needs a scolding for his first offense. The halls of juvenile detention facilities are full of young people who have suffered for these miscalculations. Click here to review entire juvenile charge information page.

A Little Bit More About Myself

I’m a life member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, a Founding Member of the National College for DUI Defense, and a Master of Laws from NYU Law School. I’m also a graduate of the Harvard Negotiation Project and the National Institute for Trial Advocacy. I’ve served the public as an Assistant District Attorney, Inspector General, and Assistant Attorney General. I’ve also taught criminal law, criminal procedure, evidence, trial preparation and investigation skills to college students and to lawyers. There are more details about my life as a lawyer on my biography page. You can contact me 24/7 by phone at 301-762-5305 or by email. I’ll treat you the way I would want to be treated, I’ll listen to you, and I’ll show you how I will defend you.

This information begins to make you a true and equal partner in your defense. Now, let’s get to work.